Monday, December 17, 2018

Kathryn + Jacob's Engagement Session • New Jersey Wedding Photographer


It must have been one of the coldest days this fall! 
Kathryn and Jacob braved the cold weather for their engagement session as we met in one of the local parks here in Randolph where Kathryn grew up.
They took a little stroll, danced and giggled, and I was so happy to capture these moments for them.

I cannot wait to photograph Kathryn and Jacob again on their wedding day next October!

Here's their love story!

How They Met 

In the early summer of 2016, my friends and I attended a grand opening of a new hot spot outside of DC! After celebrating the grand opening all day, one of my friends begged us to join her at a birthday party that her boyfriend was attending. Since she clearly didn’t want to be the only girl, I agreed to go to the birthday party with her. 

On the other side, Jacob was also coerced into going to the same birthday party and figured “why not?” because his plans for the night were still not finalized. 

Jacob and I were briefly introduced and quickly realized that this birthday party was going to be far less exciting than everyone thought. Instead of giving up on the fun, everyone decided to dance. I didn’t want to dance alone so I chose Jacob to join me on the dance floor. Jacob is not the biggest fan of dancing, but decided to dance with me anyway. I knew from the moment we danced together that we were going to get married. 

Fast forward a few months and more chance encounters, Jacob asked me to go to a Washington Wizards game with him and after a night of pretending to watch basketball while getting to know each other even more, we’ve been together ever since! 


How He Proposed 

With the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains and the Biltmore House, Asheville, North Carolina became a “bucket list destination” for Jacob and I. We spent July 4 in 2017 exploring Asheville and were completely mesmerized by the beauty of the city. We knew it was a special place, especially the Blue Ridge Parkway where we spent our ride back home in July of 2017 stopping and enjoying the view at all of the scenic overlooks. 

Jacob and I planned another trip to Asheville in May of 2018. After enduring a treacherous trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway with extreme fog and intense rain, the sky opened up and sunlight streamed down. We stopped at the Tanbark Ridge Overlook and enjoyed the gorgeous view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. 

After a meaningful speech about how much we both love Asheville and how it’s such a special place for us. Jacob explained how it was the best place to start a new chapter of our lives and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I of course said yes!