Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Dalena + John • Princeton University Engagement • New Jersey Wedding Photographer


Princeton University campus has so many lovely spots for engagement photos, and I was super excited when Dalena and John chose it for their shoot. 
It was such a gorgeous summer evening to be outside.
We ventured around the campus to capture a few special moments between the two of them while admiring Princeton's beautiful architecture. 

How They Met
Dalena and John have known each other for over 14 years. She was a freshman and he was a senior in high school. They also grew up on the same street. 
They reconnected as adults. They walked around the high school football field and reminisced about the good ole days. 

The Proposal
Dalena: "My grandparents and my parents were in the hospital from Covid. We were home staying with John’s family for Christmas break. He didn’t want to postpone the proposal and saw how upset I was that I was home in NJ and couldn’t see my family. So he got my parents on FaceTime and surprised me with a proposal after dinner in the kitchen (the heart of the home) and asked me to marry him, with my parents witnessing the special moment. "

In their spare time Dalena and John enjoy hiking, golfing, going to the beach, and going home to NJ to be with the family. 

Dalena about John: "I love his kind heart. He’s so patient with everyone around him and has so much love to give. This is why he’s a great teacher. "
John about Dalena: "I love her caring personality and beautiful smile because I know that she’ll always be in my corner supporting me in all of life’s endeavors."

One word to describe them as a couple: 
Compatible

Congratulations, Dalena & John!
I am so excited to capture your wedding this July!