Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Katie + Clint • The Stone House At Stirling Ridge • New Jersey Wedding Photographer


I am so excited to finally share Katie + Clint's wedding that I had the honor to photograph in March.
Katie + Clint's day was filled with so many beautiful details and many special touches, like writing their own vows or wedding gifts with very personal and sentimental meaning that tied to the history of their love.

HOW THEY MET

Katie has known Clint since she was 12 years old. He was in the grade above her and used to swim competitively across the street from her house. She remembers being a young girl and completely mesmerized by his shaggy hair and cute smile. She has been crushing on him ever since. 

THE PROPOSAL

~ From Katie ~ 
"Clint and I took turns every year surprising one another with anniversary plans. This is why it came as no surprise to me when Clint told me he wanted to take me into New York City for our 8th. I wasn't allowed to know where we were going or what we were doing and that's how we liked it.
 It just so happened that the weekend he had planned was expecting terrible weather. 
On the morning of our engagement I was begging him not to go! 
Who wants to walk around NYC in the rain?! With very little convincing (because I can't say no to his sweet face) I decided to go. Not without some complaining though ;). 
Clint took me to Tompkins Square Park in the East Village. One of our favorite songs by Mumford and Sons is titled 'Tompkins Square Park' and he's always told me that he'd take me there some day (I know.. he's adorable). After some walking around and a break in the rain, he stopped me, grabbed my hand and told me how amazing the last 8 years have been and how much he loves me. Next thing I knew he was on one knee and I completely blacked out everything else he said because all I could think of was YES! Two officer's in the park having lunch sounded their sirens and lit up their lights for us and bystanders quickly caught on and began clapping. It was more perfect than if it had been written for a movie. Clint had his sister and her fiancé take pictures from afar and also planned a surprise engagement celebration that night with some of our closest friends and family. 
The entire day was in true Clint fashion. So romantic and thoughtful. The best thing I ever did was vow to spend the rest of my life with him!"

Ahh, there were so many emotions involved when reading about their proposal!
Don't you all love a good love story?!

WEDDING DAY

Katie + Clint's wedding ceremony and reception took place at The Stone House at Stirling Ridge.

Katie was getting ready at her aunt's house nearby. I was so excited to photograph all of her gorgeous details! Her dress was absolute perfection! And let's talk about those shoes for a moment! Simply exquisite!
Once Katie was in her dress we all headed to The Stone House along with her five sisters and two sisters-in-law who were part of her bridal party.
After the bride-to-be did a first look with her dad, we headed outside for a very emotional bride and groom's first look.
This must be one of the sweetest moments of the day and one that makes me weak at the knees.
I love watching the couple's emotions and facial expressions as they see each other for the first time.
From tears of joy to ear-to-ear grins, Katie and Clint couldn't contain their excitement to soon be marrying each other!

Their first look and portraits were followed by family and wedding party photographs.

We then headed inside for their ceremony and reception.
It was such a beautiful celebration of their love and commitment to one another.

Congratulations to the Newlyweds!
Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!
































































































































Second Photographer ~ Tori Petrillo
Hair ~ Lucia C. Salon 
Hair Piece ~ Lelet NY
Invitations ~ Minted 
Makeup ~ Makeup By Michele Eva 
Tux ~ Custom Made Calvin Klein 
Vow Books ~ Beau-Coup 
Event Coordinator ~ Events Made Golden