Monday, September 9, 2019

Audrey + Clinton • Cross Estate Gardens Engagement Session • New Jersey Wedding Photographer



I had so much fun with Audrey and Clinton during their spring engagement session!
There was no shortage of beautiful blossoms, dancing and lots of giggles!
I could tell these two have a lot of fun together!
Plus, they are the sweetest! They surprised me with a birthday card and a bouquet of flowers!!

HOW THEY MET

'We met in the fall of our Senior year of college, October 2013. We were both on the patio at this bar's College Night they held every Thursday. Clinton was sitting at a table with some mutual friends, and I came over to talk with them. Clinton introduced himself, and by the end of the night, we were the only ones still talking at the table. We exchanged numbers that night, and then started seeing each other from there. We started dating that November, and have been together ever since.'

THEIR FIRST DATE

'We went to New York City to celebrate the holidays. We walked throughout the city that day visiting the tree, looked through the Macy's window display, and stopped at Magnolia Bakery for a few treats before heading back home to New Jersey. When we got back to my apartment we cooked together and had a wonderful dinner. '

HOW HE PROPOSED

'Clinton asked my father for his permission earlier that summer on vacation. Obviously my father said yes and followed up with a million more questions asking Clinton when he was going to do it; however, Clinton wanted it to be a surprise for everyone. November 14th is our anniversary and this year I was up in Boston for a speech language pathology convention. Clinton came up for the weekend and met me when I got out from the convention. The night before the proposal I asked Clinton if he had any plans for the weekend and he simply responded "just dinner reservations at 7". The next day we walked around Boston and Clinton was very persistent about checking into our hotel and going to a bar before dinner. Of course I was confused as to why we were going to a bar before dinner but I just rolled with the plans. As we were leaving the hotel, Clinton grabbed my hand and told me the quickest way to the bar was through the park. In the middle of the park there is a small, white bridge that we were crossing when Clinton confessed to me that he forgot his anniversary card for me (cards are a big deal to us) and told me he thought he could show me how much he loves me in another way. Before I knew it, Clinton was on his knee asking me to marry him! I was in complete shock and when he stood up I heard cheering in the background which was our close friends and family. He surprised my family and friends earlier that week with a detailed plan so they would be in the right spot at the right time. We all then went to the bar to celebrate the best night of our life! '


Audrey and Clinton really love to do anything and everything together. They enjoy being outside, going on hikes, finding restaurants with delicious food, or going into Montclair for a drink.

The things Audrey loves most about Clinton is how passionate and supportive he is. He makes her feel like she can conquer anything in this world and she is so glad to have him by her side through everything. Audrey says: 'I know he loves me with his whole heart and will be there for me always. He is my best friend and I cannot wait to see what life has in store for us.'

What Clinton loves most about Audrey is the way he feels around her. She makes him laugh uncontrollably all the time, and she simply makes him feel happy. She expects the best out of him which makes him want to be the best version of himself for her.

One word to describe them as a couple? Fun!
   

Congratulations, Audrey & Clinton! 
I am so excited to capture more special moments for you next April!