Thursday, March 17, 2022

Jillian + Tom • Jersey City Engagement Session

• NEW JERSEY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER •



Last September I met with Jill and Tom for their engagement session at Van Vorst Park in Jersey City.
They both thought it would be fun to go back to the spot where Tom popped the question a year earlier. 

After spending some time at the park, we drove to the waterfront where Jill and Tom picked up their Frenchie, Gracie, so she could join us for a few portraits there.

How They Met
'We met out at South House in Jersey City. Mutual friends of ours ( John, Ariana, & Maddie) invited us both out one note. Our friends had a feeling we would hit it off & the rest is history :)

Our first date was at the Penrose on the Upper East Side (where Jill was living at the time), we spent the night drinking cocktails and getting to know each other.'

The Proposal
'Tom proposed to Jill in Van Vorst park in Jersey City (where we live) in September 2020. During quarantine, Van Vorst Park became one our favorite parks to walk through which made it the perfect place to propose. Both of our families were hiding out in the bushes to capture the moment and surprise Jill. Afterwards our families went out to dinner together in Jersey City to celebrate.'
 Jill & Tom spent the week down in Avalon & Cape May soaking in the engagement. :)

Favorite Things To Do Together
Travel, raise our Frenchie (Gracie), try new restaurants, explore Jersey City/ Manhattan, take Trips down the Jersey Shore and Spend time with Friends & Family.

Jill about Tom: 'I love that Tom is kind, genuine, caring, funny, and smart. He always pushes me to be the best version of myself and makes me feel at ease. From the beginning, he always made sure I was taken care of as he would drive an hour up to the Upper East Side when he was living in NJ to pick me up so I wouldn't have to take the subway alone. He also instantly bonded with my family and close friends - which meant so much to me. I'm excited to marry him and see what our future has in store. :)'

Tom about Jill:  'I love Jill's kindness, humor, adventurous attitude to travel to new places & try new things, laidback manner, and her fun loving spirit. Jill is always so much fun to be around and lights up a room, we've shared so many fun memories traveling, sharing new experiences, raising our puppy together- I can't wait to create more memories together.'

One word to describe them as a couple:
Fun loving!

Congratulations, Jill & Tom!
I am so excited to capture your big day this September!