Thursday, May 9, 2024

Lauren + Josh • Central Park Engagement Session

•  NEW JERSEY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER •


I couldn't have asked for a more picturesque setting than Central Park in mid-November for Lauren and Josh's engagement session. And let me tell you, the park did not disappoint.

From the moment we started our session, it was evident that Lauren and Josh shared something truly special. Their chemistry was not only visible but palpable, and their love for each other so evident in every smile, every glance, and every embrace! As they strolled hand in hand through the park, each moment seemed to unfold effortlessly, allowing me to capture genuine and heartfelt images at every turn. Their sense of ease and comfort in front of the camera made my job as a photographer an absolute joy.  

Central Park may have provided the backdrop, but it was their love that truly stole the show. I can't wait to see what the future holds for these two, and I feel incredibly lucky to have been able to capture a small glimpse of their love story through my lens.

How They Met
Josh and Lauren met on the first day of work in public accounting. They sat next to each other during local training in McLean, Virginia. 

Their First Date
Their first unofficial date was a Capitals hockey game. After that night, they started to spend more time together and had their first date at Momiji in Washington DC. Lauren has always been a huge sushi fan and this was where Josh was converted to a sashimi lover!

The Proposal
"I spent a few months trying to convince Lauren I had scheduled us a photo shoot to take our Christmas cards in DC. But, secretly I coordinated my parents, little brother, Lauren’s parents, sister, best friend from home, and grandma to make their way to DC and hideout behind the columns of the Lincoln Memorial to join in on the celebrations. Despite Lauren calling me out the week prior and calling my bluff around the photo shoot really being a proposal I think I still had her surprised as moments before I got on one knee she looked at me and asked why it felt like my heart was beating out of my chest. Few seconds later she found her answer and we got to have our special moment right before looking up and watching the family run down the memorial steps screening in excitement."

(From Lauren) What do you love most about Josh?
"Josh can brighten a room so easily with his cute dimples! We balance each other out with our personalities."

(From Josh) What do you love most about Lauren?
"I have never met another person so pure and genuine. Lauren gives so much love, not to just me, but to every person in her life whether it is family, a long time friend, or someone she has just met for the first time. I love how adventurous she can be and her willingness to try new things. Lauren is a role model to me, I love her work ethic and passion to do and be something great. She gives me the motivation I need, directly and indirectly, to be the best version of myself possible."

Lauren & Josh love to travel together. They would like to visit all 50 states and have a map in their apartment indicating which ones they have so far! 
Josh said: "When Lauren and I travel I would say about 75% of the time is planned. Both being accountants we certainly appreciate structure but we also know some of the best weekends and experiences we have had have been on a whim and spontaneous."

They mention a week long trip to Arizona they took in spring of 2022 as one of their favorite.  They rented a jeep and drove all across the state visiting Pheonix, flagstaff, the grand canyons, Sedona, and Scottsdale. They did everything from visiting local restaurants to renting atv’s and taking on the Arizona red rock trails.

They are super excited about their upcoming wedding and about being able to celebrate their special day with everyone they love, in one room!

Congratulations, Lauren & Josh!